Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Summer School Day 2

Still doing ok with summer school.  Had a few new students show today so I got them started.  Had two that came and didn’t need to stay because their grade was above passing.  Then I had three students that got their work finished and don’t have to keep coming.  Starting to get my room cleared so that the custodial staff can clean it later this summer. 

Tonight’s agenda is to work through all possible interview questions so that I will be ready for tomorrow.  I also have to figure out my wardrobe.  I’ve been wearing a simple black skirt and a blouse of some kind.  I’ll figure it out I guess. 

I applied for a new credit card today.  Even though I am not using credit cards since I’ve paid off the current visa that I have, I feel it is good to have one for emergencies.  There have been times when I’ve been on vacation and my bank debit/visa card has been denied.  They do that in my best interesting thinking perhaps the card has been stolen, but it is a pain – especially on weekends when I cannot call them as they don’t have a 1-800 number.  The interest rate on the other card I have is really high, so I’ve been wanting to get rid of it for a while.  I tried applying for a card last year, but was declined because I still had a couple of glitches on my credit report due to my divorce.  Thankfully it has now been more than seven years so those issues aren’t in my file.  So I applied today and was approved for a card with a much lower interest rate.  Hopefully it will come before I leave for Austin at the end of the month since I will need to rent a car while down there.

Well Josh will be home soon so I’m going to get dinner started.  We’re having ravioli – not Chef Boyardee. 

No comments: