Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Endless

I spent the evening filling out more job applications.  I’ve now applied at three more districts in the southern part of the state.  I bookmarked another district to apply at, but decided I was too tired to fill out yet another application.  So I tried sleeping.  And I couldn’t get my mind to shut down.  So now I’m back up waiting for sleep to hit. 

The summer school work day was frustrating.  I was supposed to have software installed on my computers that the students will be using.  The response I got from the tech person was that she was really busy today and would make sure it was installed by Monday.  That does me no good.  I have not even used the software and have no idea how to set it up for students to use.  After much groaning on my part, the tech person came at 4:00 today and got it installed.  But now I can’t use it.  I need a password of some sort to set it up and I don’t have it.  I emailed the English teacher who made the decision to use the software, but haven’t heard back from her.  So I guess I’ll be going up this weekend to try to get it all sorted out. 

I’m feeling out of sorts because of all this job stuff.  I hate writing pointless cover letters.  I’m tired of filling out the same information over and over.  I hate the idea that just to get experience, the only job offer I might get will be in the drudges of a school district – those schools that nobody wants to work at.  I guess I’m not used to all this – I’ve been lucky in my careers as I’ve easily gotten jobs that I’ve applied for.  This time it is much more difficult. 

Well, I’m going to kill some time at stumbleupon until sleep takes over.

No comments: