Monday, June 27, 2011

The news is on Facebook

I told my principal about the job offer today.  He took it very well and was understanding about it.  He said he knew that a library job was what I wanted and he hated the fact that the budget cuts prevented me from getting the job at the school.  He said that it will be tough to fill my shoes. 

I stayed at the school and worked all day.  I started going through things deciding what to take and what to leave behind.  I think I’m going to leave a lot my files and such.  Most of them are in electronic format, so I will just take copies of anything I don’t have saved.  I started packing some boxes and hope that I won’t have too many to move.  The nice thing about moving is that hopefully I will pare down all my stuff.  I have way too many things in spite of having about 4 garage sales here already.  Will have one more probably the weekend before I move. 

I spent hours and hours yesterday looking at rent houses online.  I have way too many to potentially visit this week.  I’m going to have to figure a way to eliminate some from my list. 

Now that I’ve told my principal, I posted the news on Facebook.  I didn’t want to say anything on there until I had told some key people the news first.  So now I’m getting all sorts of congratulations which is really nice.  Even my former mother-in-law called me as soon as she saw my status. 

Here’s something funny for you.  Amarillo has its own minor-league baseball team and it has had some struggles in the last few years.  It has been renamed four or five times, I believe, and most recently are called the Amarillo Sox.  They unveiled a new mascot (which is a gold “sock”) but unfortunately, the costume had some issues.  Click here for the article from the paper – and here, for an even better picture of the phallus, uh, I mean costume.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Are you scared? I am so excited for you, but I have to worry about you as well. I wish I lived closer and I could help you move. You certainly will be much closer to me. Anyways, I am alwasy here for you and can't wait to see how things go!

Annabel said...

Yes, Andrew, I'm totally scared - but excited at the same time. It would be wonderful if you were close enough to help me move. That's one of the things I'm trying to figure out - how to get all of that accomplished. I can't even remember who helped me move last time!

Leann said...

Congratulations!!!! Moving to a larger city will be so nice. So much to do and see and experience. I'm very excited for you!!

Patti said...

Oh my, that picture of the new mascot certainly made me laugh!