Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Back to being a librarian

Well the testing wrapped up last week and I turned in my final book order this morning so now I’m back to doing actual work in my library.  Today I started going through my non-fiction shelves getting all books in order and lined up.  I made it through the 400’s today.  I’m hoping to find random missing books and be ready to start inventory soon.  Matt has volunteered to come up and help me on his days off so I’m sure I’ll have plenty of stuff for him to do.  He has to fill out a form and get approved as a volunteer first.  He won’t be able to come until March because we have yet more testing going on next week.  I’m really tired of testing and I’m sure the kids are fed up as well.

The band concert on Sunday was ok, but I still think we played too much music.  Matt was late to the concert though it wasn’t his fault.  He was expecting friends from Austin to come pick him up and one of the friends canceled and one other came, but she got turned around and lost so they only heard the last two pieces.  I was disappointed and it took me a little time to let it go, but by the time I got my margarita at dinner, I let it go. 

Josh is getting settled in Tasmania but I haven’t had the chance to actually talk to him.  I downloaded Skype last night but he wasn’t online.  He finally got a cell phone down there and I tried calling him today, but didn’t get a hold of him yet.  He’s having issues with calling the U.S. that he has to get worked out.  Thankfully he has internet and he has been emailing me and posting on Facebook.

Tonight I’m going to Matt’s place to have pizza with him.  He is giving up pizza for Lent so it will be the last for a long while.  I think I’m going to give up cokes and chocolate.  I guess it is a good thing that I’ve become a coffee drinker.  I still need a caffeine kick each day.  I think I’m going to take a nap before going to Matt’s.  I meant to go to bed early last night, but ended up reading and finished the Sue Grafton book (T) that I was reading.  I have to read just one more before I get to her latest one. 

No comments: