Friday, February 03, 2012

Exhausted Again

I had to be a substitute again today.  Overall it wasn’t too bad.  4 of the six classes were actually pretty good.  Two of them were not very good though so it was frustrating.  I forget how exhausting teaching is.  Even though I didn’t do a lot of instruction, I did have to reprimand a lot during the chaotic classes as I walked around and monitored and it just wore me out.  I also had to deliver dictionaries to a dozen classrooms after school for testing next week.  I didn’t even leave school until after 5:00.  Matt is coming over this evening and he mentioned going out to eat, but I think I’m going to cook some fish and plan to stay in.  I just feel really tired.  I feel like I slept pretty well, but I was up too late.  I woke up with a headache which is really unusual for me.  I rarely get headaches, but it was bad enough that I had to take something for it.  I took some tylenol and had a cup of coffee which probably helped as well.  It was gone by the time first period came in this morning which was a good thing. 

Once again I’m dealing with last minute district decisions.  I was told yesterday AFTER school that we had to figure out a way to test all ELA and Math classes in 9 days.  The caveat is that we can only use the computer lab because the netbooks won’t work and that the district has to do a remote install of some program for all the computers.  Oh, I also forgot to mention that I’m going to be out for testing Monday and Tuesday and then I’ll be doing make-up tests in the library after that.  So the teachers are on their own for this and I don’t think that it will go well.  But I’ll do what I can, but I’m limited in that I can’t do more than about 40 things at once. 

Well, I gotta go start dinner.  Matt will be here in about 30 minutes.  Not sure what we will do after dinner.  Maybe watch a movie at home.  I had wanted to go see One For the Money because I read all the books by Janet Evanovich, but it has gotten some really lousy reviews so I’m not sure about it.  Anyone else see it or read the books?

No comments: