Thursday, February 16, 2012

My baby is leaving the nest…

He is flying to Tasmania, Australia tomorrow evening.  It will take him two days to get there.  I will be a nervous wreck until I hear from him to know that he made it safely.  He seems to have everything worked out – a place to live, his passport, visa, all the essentials though he still isn’t packed.  I skipped Scrabble practice tonight so that we could have dinner.  Josh chose Mexican food since he knew that he wouldn’t get anything like it down under.  We went to a restaurant called La Margarita which actually had really good margaritas.  We stopped at Best Buy on the way home so he could get a new camera to take with him.  It will be exciting to see all the pictures.  I think this is a wonderful experience for him, but I’m really going to miss him.  It will be hard to not hear from him a few times a week like I usually do when he is away at college.  I have to take him to the airport as soon as I get home from school tomorrow.  After I drop him off I’m going to Matt’s place and he is taking me out to dinner.  He thinks I’ll be upset, but I’ll really just be worried.  I’m a worrier.  Can’t help it. 

Turns out that Matt has strep throat.  He was supposed to come over for dinner last night but he called and canceled since he still wasn’t feeling well.  He went to the clinic this morning and he now has medicine so hopefully he will get to feeling better soon.  I ended up making way too many pork chops so I took some to school today and another teacher was kind enough to eat them. 

Today was another crazy day with this horrible testing that I’ve had to deal with.  Thankfully it was the last day of it – at least until the end of the year.  Hopefully tomorrow I can finish spending the money I have for new books and get those orders placed.  I’m ready to get back to being a librarian rather than a test administrator. 

I think I’m going to go sit in my bed with a book and take it easy tonight.  I felt exhausted by the end of school today.  I need a break.  I should take a day off from work at some point just to catch up on house cleaning and stuff.  At least I started the dishwasher tonight.  Maybe I’ll get caught up with dishes at least.  I have to make cashew chicken sometime soon.  I will probably make it on Saturday before Matt and I head to the rodeo and the Daughtry concert.  That should be awesome!

No comments: