Tuesday, February 28, 2012

No Work this Week

With testing this week I’m not going to get any work done in my library.  I’ve had to test a small group for the last two days and tomorrow they will start sending make-up test students to me.  I have an LMS meeting tomorrow afternoon so they will have to find someone to replace me then.  I’ll probably deal with make-ups at least through Friday.  That means I won’t be able to get any actual library work done.  Oh well.  At least Matt has turned in his volunteer form and he will start helping me on Monday – his day off.  It will be nice to have him around.  Have I mentioned lately how amazing he is?  I enjoy spending time with him – even if all we’re doing is watching t.v. or strolling through the grocery store.  I miss him when we’re not together which is usually just Mondays and Tuesdays during the week.  He’s coming over tomorrow and we will cook dinner and then watch the basketball game on t.v.  Thursday is Scrabble practice and then Friday is the symphony. 

I think I might be getting sick though.  I’m starting feel a little bit of a scratchy throat.  I hope it is just one of those – “I think I’m getting sick and then I feel a little off for a day and then it goes away.”  It seems that I rarely get just really sick (knock on wood) but perhaps it’s my turn.  Matt is still not completely over whatever he had so perhaps he was kind enough to share it with me.

I’ve been asked to serve on the board for the community band I’m playing in.  I think they also want me to help with some of the music library stuff but we’ll see.  There’s someone already in place handling it, but they’re not very happy with the job she has been doing.  I wasn’t sure if I wanted to keep playing in this band, but perhaps serving on the board will allow me to offer my suggestions.  Who knows. 

Well, I’m going to give Matt a call and the head to bed and hope that I’m not really coming down with something. 

No comments: