Monday, February 06, 2012

A little under the weather

I think I’m coming down with a cold.  It started yesterday.  I had a headache again and was sneezing off and on.  Today I woke up with a scratchy throat, am still sneezy.  My lungs are feeling a bit heavy as well.  We had testing at school today and I was supposed to be a hall monitor, but I ended up testing students.  It wasn’t too bad as I only had the late arrivals so it was a small group.  Not sure if I’ll have to do it again tomorrow.  I have to deal with testing this entire week so I’m not going to get any library work done.  Oh well, I guess I’ll do what I need to do.

I came home from school today and discovered that the power was out in my house.  Not sure what caused it, but I couldn’t make anything for dinner without power so I headed to Chipotle for dinner.  I discovered there is one close to the university where we have orchestra rehearsal.  Rehearsal wasn’t too bad.  The other 2nd clarinet player was gone so I had to play the music on my own tonight, but did ok.  Luckily the power was back on by the time I got home. 

It’s going to be a crazy week.  I hope that my cold stays mild and goes away quickly.  I think the I generally have a pretty good immune system having been an educator for so long, but you never know.  I don’t even have a doctor here yet.  I should probably look into finding one pretty soon.  I think I’m going to head to bed and try to get some sleep. 

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Hey! I am thinking you and I've missed you. I hope you are on the mend.