Wednesday, February 29, 2012

No Such Luck

I’m sick.  I probably should have stayed home all day today, but I took some tylenol around 7:00 a.m. and forced myself to go to school.  After all, I was just going to be sitting in front of students taking a test today.  The tylenol started wearing off around 11:00.  I had the nurse take my temperature around noon, but it wasn’t really elevated – only 98.8.  But I was feeling terrible.  Finally the last student finished her test around 12:30 and I was supposed to go to the Library meeting this afternoon, but I decided to just come home. I took my temperature again and it was 100.2.  I took more tylenol, and ate a little lunch and then went to bed.  I got up around 4:30 and watched last night’s episode of American Idol.  Matt was going to be coming over for dinner tonight but I didn’t feel like cooking but still wanted his company.  He picked up Sonic for dinner including a shake for my throat, and brought me some chicken soup and tylenol.  He is an awesome boyfriend.  We watched about half of the Spurs game before he decided to head home since I’m sick.  I’m probably going to stay home tomorrow and perhaps go to an urgent care clinic since I have yet to find a doctor here.  My tonsils feel swollen, I’m achy, still feverish, and just worn out.  It’s probably strep throat which is what Matt had two weeks ago.  I’m going to call it a night and get some rest if I can. 

No comments: