Monday, July 25, 2005

Back to work

Had to teach my workshop today. I think it went pretty well overall. My presentation seemed to keep most people interested and I had several activities for the staffs to do. I'm thinking it might just be o.k. to be going back to teaching. I still haven't told the majority of my advisers that I'm leaving. I hope they'll be able to handle it o.k. I hope that my boss doesn't lose any accounts because of me leaving, but I think that he's going to discover just how much I did do.

When I came home today I was exhausted though. Going back to teaching all day is definitely going to take some getting used to. My schedule will no longer be flexible and I'm definitely going to be earning my paycheck.

My laptop was fixed today except now the "M" key doesn't work very well. But since I have to give it back in a week, I guess it doesn't matter much. I do need to figure out what to do about another computer. I know I can't afford one right now, but I am thinking of going to talk to my bank about a loan to pay off my credit cards and possibly get a new computer and see if they don't laugh too hard at me. I'm hoping I can at least keep them from rolling on the floor laughing.

I've gotten several interesting comments regarding Brian on both my blogs. (yes, I did start a 2nd secret blog where I could post a little more freely) Right now I'm going to try to just not analyze about it so much. Not going to stop seeing him, but not going to necessarily move too much forward either. Kind of leaving it up in the air at the moment. Life is going to get busy very soon and that's something I won't have time to really mess with. I really need to focus on being able to live for the next two months.

But on the happy news front, my house is still clean. It's been taking a bit of effort, but trying to at least keep it clean until I start school. And although I know ya'll are laughing about the fact that I keep saying I'm going to clean my garage, but I really, really am. Really. I have a week and a half before going back to work and I have to get it done now or never. And since I know that I won't want to scrape snow off my car and de-ice my windows this winter, I must get it done. I just need to find a patron saint of cleaning and enormous tasks to pray to for help. If you don't hear from me by the end of next week, send out the search crew.

No comments: