Monday, November 28, 2005

The Joy of Plumbing

I have a sewer line that is mostly fixed!! I say mostly because the part that is actually in the ally was not replaced (because we didn't have "real" plumbers do the work) but my wonderful brother came and finished the work today. As I type, Josh and David are in the back yard filling up the hole that has been there since oh, around July or so. For the past few months I've basically had a trench in my yard where the stuff that flows from the pipes in the house has been travelling along to the ally. Not a pretty sight, but it wasn't as bad as the overflow that was in the yard for the previous year. Yes, for at least a year, if not more. Basically I had a sewage swamp in the yard. So I'm going to hope and pray that the sewer line issue is resolved. I don't know what I'd do without my brother. He fixed my heating last year and the sewer this year. He's good to have around when I can acutally get a hold of him. I take back the bad thoughts I had about him when he didn't return my calls.
On the downside, my dogs got out today. Which isn't tragic as they were all found, except for the fact that Mollie is in heat. I really, really hope that she didn't get herself knocked up in the hopefully short time she was out. Perhaps a prayer to St. Francis of Assisi is due.

No comments: