Saturday, November 19, 2005

So what's your web routine?

I have this routine I go through on the web each day. Usually when I get up in the morning, I will check email, my site meter stats and if I have time I briefly read a few of my regular blogs. Usually, though, I do most of my reading when I get home from school. Once again, I check my sitemeter stats. (I'm addicted and it keeps me writing if I know people are reading.) And then I check my regular blogs. If I have a lot of time at home, I do this throughout the evening. I'm always happy when a blog I read has been updated. Even if it's mundane, daily stuff, I still enjoy looking into the lives of people that for the most part I don't even know personally. Sure I know Patrick, and my friend Bret, but the others are strangers, but they don't really feel like strangers. I feel that they are my friends. I love to hear about Grumpy's hikes, the Piggly Wiggly updates and his life in general. I want to hear how Summer is doing and often want to just go and give her a big long hug as she bears so much. Patrick, Tiffany, Susan and I usually end up posting the same quizzes and memes and I learn neat things about them. I still owe Prison Pete a personal letter, but I still read his blog and find him to be very real. And then there's the others that I don't often correspond with, but try to keep up with their lives none-the-less. Some that I read, I have never corresponded with, but enjoy their writing so much I have to check them out daily.
I also check out a Catholic forum, Found Magazine's new daily item, and try to read Dear Abby. I also read my son's blog from time to time, but I don't let him know that I know about it... if you know what I mean.
I try to post at least every other day, but I know oftentimes it's that simple, mundane stuff. But usually that's what life is all about. So if I bore you, my apologies, but sometimes good to not have exciting things happening or profound thoughts. (Not that I have many of those.)
I usually turn on my Yahoo Instant Messenger, but I rarely talk on it any more it seems. Actually I've had some conversations with my ex-husband lately which has been kind of nice. I've missed his friendship. Once in a while my friend John sends me a message.. especially when he's out of town on business and has nothing else to do. Marty's sister-in-law and I chat from time to time and we've become good friends. But that's about it. I haven't even been getting all those weirdos sending me messages lately either. (Not that I complaining in the least)
So that's my web routine. Sometimes I vary it by doing some shopping, checking out ebay or just general searching for whatever I'm curious about at the time. Do you have a routine that you find yourself following? Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I check Patrick's, your's, susan's, Then I hve these art and craft blogs that I find fasinating and sometime I read craftster and LAF...I go for days with out checking my email...I get junk, I subscribed to junk when I first got my email so that it wouldn't be empty when I checked and now I am too lazy to put a stop to it. :)