Friday, January 06, 2006

Alone Again

Well, not so much in the respect that I'm not dating. That's just a way of life at the moment. No, I am here at home by myself tonight. Josh has gone to Lubbock for area band tryouts. I hope he does well. I admit it's probably not likely that he'll make it to state as a freshman, but I hope he does as well as he can. So I am home alone tonight. I brought some school work home, but am probably just fooling myself as to think I will actually do it. I could, perhaps, do some reading. But in all likelihood, I will plop myself down in front of the t.v. and just veg.
I may work on a post for my Catholic blog. Unlike this one, those posts take more time and thought. In here, I just pretty much type as I think.
So tonight I went to Wendy's and got a big bacon classic burger instead of trying to cook for one. And it was quite tasty. But I'm still hungry. I may have to go scrounge around my fridge soon.
I was thinking today about this alone time. It's not a problem right now. It's kind of nice to have the time to myself. But I don't know what I'm going to do when Josh goes to college. I really hope I'm married by then. I'm not sure what I'd do with myself if I were alone all.the.time. I'm sure I would manage as I always do, but my existence for pretty much most of my life has involved other people. Either my family at home, Josh, relationships etc. The only time I was ever really on my own was the brief first two years of college. It would be a kind of surreal experience. But I guess I'll jump that creek when I get to it.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Well, here’s hoping you will never be alone. Hopefully, a guy will come along soon and sweep you off your feet. You never know! I would love nothing more than to read about that happening on your blog.

Anonymous said...

I know you'll do fine. Just don't get into the mindset of "Maybe I'll be married by the time he goes to college"

The last time you gave yourself a timeline to be married, you married when it wasn't right.

When it's right, you'll know it, and you'll feel it.

Richard