Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Laughter, the best medicine

It's not that I've needed any medicine in regards to laughter. I haven't been down or depressed. Generally I'm too busy for such trivialities. Sure I had that brief bout of missing you-know-who, but it's passed for the time being. But I did get a shot of good humor last night. Josh, my friend Kirsten, and I went to the movies and saw The Producers. It was so.very.funny. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. If you haven't seen it, you must. I think Mel Brooks is a comical genius.
Started back to school today.. well.. with students that is. It wasn't terrible. I think I'll have some decent classes. Problem is that some classes are quite full with around 21-24 students in them. Other classes are extremely small... 9 or 10 students. Actually today there were only 5 & 8 students in those classes respectively. So if my classes stay at those numbers, when they perform speeches, some classes will take 3 days and others will take one. It's just weird.
I've got to get started on planning the speech tournament. It will be held at the end of the month, but there's so much to do. Luckily there's really great software and a website that schools use to sign up which makes the job much easier. You can check it out at www.joyoftournaments.com.
I'm sorry this post isn't very exciting, but bed calls.

No comments: