Wednesday, January 18, 2006

One of those days

Today I was reminded why I got out of teaching in the first place. I had two classes that were just horrible. Part of it is my own fault really. I made the mistake of not having enough for some of my students to do. But two classes I could not get to calm down, shut up and do their work. It was very frustrating. I assigned three detentions today and that is unusual for me. I should have assigned a fourth, but I chose not to.

I feel depressed today. I haven't felt depressed in a long time. Even during all the hubbub with Marty, I would get down or upset or whatever, but rarely depressed. I am sure it's a passing thing and I'll get over it. I just wish there wasn't two more days of school this week.

I was told yesterday that the district is looking for people that are interested in getting their library certification because they have several librarians that are close to retirement age. A part of me wants to look into it because I think I would really enjoy it, but I know that I absolutely can't afford to go back to school. I am also certain that the district won't help pay for it.

I still think going back to teaching was the right decision for me to make at this time - even with the frustrating days. But I really want to find something that I really love. I wish I could incorporate the things that I really enjoy like being creative and music and technology. I guess for now I just have to suck it up and just get through the next few days and hope my state improves soon.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Look into the librarian thing! You never know - the district may just help out, and if it's what you'd enjoy, it could be one of those open doors to a great future.