Monday, January 30, 2006

Still Surviving

Summer asked if it was over. In some respects, yes. The speech tournament is finished and it went well. We finished on time. No major complaints. Most of our judges showed up. And at the end of the tournament the students gave the other teacher and I each a huge boquet of flowers and a box of chocolates. I am still quite swamped, however.

Josh was sick this weekend. I spent Sunday taking care of him and mostly relaxing. I have to stay after school today in order to work with the debaters. Luckily we have a guy coming from WT that is going to help them with their cases. That will be a big help. I will probably need to stay tomorrow unless I can talk the other teacher into staying so I can go home and get some things done... like laundry, dishes, general cleaning... you know the stuff that always needs to be done at my house. Wednesday will be another day to stay after school in addition to RCIA class.

On Thursday I'll be taking the debate teams to contest and will simply see how they do. Part of me wants them to do well and the other part just wants them to try, but certainly not make it to state. I wouldn't mind going to state, but it's just a lot more work to do. Friday and Saturday is another regular speech tournament. On Sunday I have to go to mass and sing in the choir (I hope we have more than 4 people this time) and then immediately after mass Josh and I have to drive to Albuquerque to go to my aunt and uncles' 20th wedding anniversary party. Luckily I decided to take Monday off so I wouldn't have to drive back the same day.

It's not slowing down any time soon. On top of all of this I have papers to grade, a test to make, lessons to plan for substitutes, and a myriad of other pointless school work to be done. I know I said the busyness is a good thing... but maybe I spoke too soon.

1 comment:

Summer said...

I am just in awe of you for all that you do. You truly are a special person.