Wednesday, February 27, 2008

It should be Friday

Well, I did end up going to school early because I forgot some things that I needed to leave for my sub. I did that, then picked up the car for the trip. I took the three boys I had entered up to Amarillo this morning for their competition. They had to present a 4 to 6 minute speech on bus safety procedures. It's a bit cheesy, but it's an easy competition for them that gets them to state and it includes money. All three of my students are going to state... which sounds impressive, but they didn't have any competition. But they are getting a $50 gift card and then at state they will get at least at $100 savings bond. We went out to lunch afterwards and then we went to Marble Slab for dessert. We still had time to kill and they didn't want to go back to school (nor did I for that matter) so we stopped at Best Buy so I could get an ink cartridge for my printer. We killed enough time that we got back to school during the last period of the day. Two more days of school and then a nice free weekend. Well almost free. I have choir rehearsal tomorrow night, a meeting about our 20 year class reunion on Saturday, Sausage dinner after church on Sunday, and then a band meeting after that.

Next week is TFA state. We're going to Dallas after school on Wednesday. Next Tuesday is our primary election day and I still don't have a clue who I'm going to vote for.

Josh made dinner tonight. I couldn't believe it. It was simply Hamburger Helper, but he did it all by himself. Now if I could get him to do the dishes too! He does his own laundry so I shouldn't complain too much. Well, it's close to my bed time so I'm going to head that way.

1 comment:

Billy said...

I am so glad the kids did well. I did not know they could get money. Double bonus!

My kid hasn't mastered laundry yet, but he sure can make a really good sandwich when his mom isn't feeling well. Gotta love our boys!