Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oscar Night

I have the channel tuned to the pre-Oscar show, but I don't know why I'm watching. I haven't seen any of the movies that are nominated. I don't know if that means that I don't have a life (which is true) or if there just aren't any decent movies that came out this year. I saw a few like Hairspray and the new National Treasure movie (and of course Harry Potter 5) but that's it. Well, maybe I'll discover some movies I can watch on DVD by watching.

I went to Mass this morning and played my clarinet again. I came home and changed and then went to the store to pick up a few things. I spent most of the afternoon working on websites. Since I volunteered to do our new community band website, I put together some pages for the director to view. I also created a site for my new niece and updated my coaching speech site. I felt very productive today.

Josh got home around 5:00 and we headed to Amarillo. We went to Barnes and Noble so I could get a book that I needed for one of my students on the speech team. We have to have it for our upcoming state tournament. Then my son took me to dinner and even paid for it. We at at Red Robin which is a fairly new restaurant in Amarillo and we had never eaten there. The burgers we had were good, but fairly pricey I thought. I wanted to stop by Best Buy to get ink for my printer, but he wanted to get back in time for the Oscars. One year when Josh was about 7 we taped the Oscars and he watched it over and over and could tell you who won every award that year. One of these days he'll be going to the Oscars after being nominated for best music score and hopefully I'll be with him. He's promised to take me when he goes.

Well, I'm going to sit back and watch the Oscars now and just take it easy. Tomorrow is an in-service day at school. I'm supposed to be helping with one of the classes, but I've never even used the software that is being taught. In the afternoon we have more training on giving the state tests. There are so many rules that it is scary to even be a part of the testing procedure.

Well, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

No comments: