Friday, February 08, 2008

Sometimes you just have to stop

Thus I am blogging at the end of my lunch hour. My office still looks like a paper explosion, but I'm making progress. I finally got the paperwork for the upcoming four trips completed and turned in. I faxed our entry for the CX state tournament and tried faxing our Congress entry, but it didn't want to work. Last night I put together poems for a student to use for the upcoming tournament next weekend. (I'll be out of town but another teacher is taking the students again.) I didn't clean the kitchen as I'd planned. I started researching printing costs for the book for my upcoming 20 year reunion. Can you believe that I am that old? I've volunteered to do the book for it. I know, I know... I take on too much, but I felt I had to step up because the previous book was not that great and I know I can do a better job.

I still haven't graded any papers and I really need to catch up. I'm going to try and get started during 5th & 6th period today. I'm giving my students a worksheet to complete. Yeah... fat chance in 6th. I'll have to go to each of them in turn and explain the instructions. How long until the semester is over? I usually hate having to miss so many days this semester because of the pain of being gone, but it is now a welcome relief.

I haven't decided about grad school this summer, but I need to decide soon. I just don't know if I'll have enough time with everything going on. I may just start in the fall instead and see what kind of financial aid I get. I did get my whopping $662 tax refund. I put $500 into savings and the rest will cover groceries and some of my trip to San Antonio next week. I still hate being so broke. I need to hold on to the $500 to pay for Josh's band camp this summer. Well, the bell rang so I better get back to work. So much for taking a break.

No comments: