Sunday, March 09, 2008

Home briefly

I did get home around 5:45 this evening. I had about 30 minutes of down time until I had to go to church. I went to church then came home (briefly) and then picked up something for dinner since Josh was eating out with one of his friends. I am not ready to go back to work tomorrow. I think I need at least another day to recuperate. I will have three days this week and then head to Austin on Thursday. We'll come back on Saturday and then on Sunday Josh and I are driving to Nacogdoches. It's going to be a crazy few weeks ahead. As soon as we get back from Nacogdoches I have to play/sing at all the Holy Week church services. The following week will be our UIL district tournament on Friday. Then I'll get about two weeks off until regionals. Immediately after regionals, I'm going back to Austin for another contest on April 13.

I don't have anything to report today. The drive was uneventful except when I got back to the bus barn, I noticed that one of the tires was badly worn and probably dangerous. I'll report that to the transportation office tomorrow. I'm glad to be in a place where I can control the heat. It was freezing in the library at the school where we were. I had to go buy some tights, a sweater and a small blanket to keep me warm.
Well, I need to call it a night so that I will be able to get up for school tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where do you store all the prize-bowls? :)
I hope your students and you will get some more of these - well, vessels? my dictionnarie is not the best I have to admit, sorry - it is appreciation for you, your work and the dedication of your students.
Maybe "in between" you will find some time to relax.