Sunday, March 02, 2008

I can't believe the weekend is over

Time sure flies even when you're not necessarily having fun. I had the intention to sleep in this morning, but it didn't work. I was up earlier than I expected, so I got up and worked on my websites. I played at church at 11:15 and then headed to the hospital. I got on the highway before I realized that Josh needed the clarinet so I had to turn around and bring it back home. I got to the hospital around 1:30 and then visited with my brother for an hour. My sister was there as well as my dad. He seems to be doing well given the circumstances. He did get up and stand for a bit today. Last I heard he was going to have surgery to repair the collar bone and help it heal better and faster. His collapsed lung is healing itself.

After visiting my brother and family for an hour I went to a community band meeting. That lasted about two hours and then I came home and made supper. I was starving since I didn't have time to eat lunch. At least it's a short week at school. I have two regular class days and then testing on Wednesday. We're leaving immediately after school on Wednesday to go to Dallas for our state tournament.

Well, I've got more work to do so I better get busy so I can get to bed at a decent hour.

3 comments:

Billy said...

Sounds like you had a very busy weekend. I almost felt guilty about my own weekend after reading how much you accomplished. Oh well. Hope you have a fantastic week!

Leann said...

My prayers to your brother and his family (you included of course).

Take care of you!!

Andrew said...

I feel I can be more sympathetic to you now that I work. It's not easy and I'm only working very part-time. I admire you even more these days. Thank you for sharing your days with us and your brother's speedy return home is in my wishes.