Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Totally Unmotivated

I can't seem to get motivated in regards to school. I haven't lifted a finger to grade papers. I need to clean my office, but I just don't care at this point. I think we need two weeks for spring break. Maybe that would make it worse. Maybe I'll get back into the groove one of these days.
I went to band rehearsal last night. I had to play Josh's old clarinet since he had orchestra rehearsal last night. It is weird to play on a different clarinet. I wasn't sure of my tuning and the fingers just don't flow the same way. Oh well, it was just for one rehearsal. I can't even play at the next concert so I guess it doesn't matter.

On Sunday evening a friend and I went out to dinner. It was really nice to get out and hang out with a girlfriend. I certainly could use more girlfriends. We went to Applebee's and I had the fiesta lime chicken and a perfect margarita. It was very yummy. I hardly drink anything these days, but I do love those margaritas! I'm still watching my diet (despite the fiesta lime chicken) and I still have the 3 pounds off so that is good news. I'm not drinking cokes any more (or at least rarely) and I'm trying to not overeat. It's hard for a person that doesn't like vegetables to diet easily.

I fixed a computer problem today and just had to pat myself on the back. When my students would print extemp files (articles from news sites) the web information that usually prints at the bottom of the page would not print correctly. I went to our technical person on campus and had her try to fix the problem yesterday. She came over yesterday afternoon and tried some things and couldn't get it to work. I thought it was a driver issue so this morning, I downloaded the correct driver and installed it and wa-la! It worked. So I installed it on all my computers so the printing issue should now be fixed.

I'm tired today. I'm not used to getting up so early. I tried going to bed early last night, but I still had problems falling asleep. I kept hitting the snooze button on my alarm this morning. Well, I guess I better at least make plans for my afternoon classes. I'm still not going to grade papers right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, work should start, I evaded writing the whole day ... tomorrow ...

Andrew said...

*laughs* Imagine my dissapointment when I kept checking on a post tonight and then realized you had already posted today! HA! Sleep well tonight and don't work too hard tomorrow.