Saturday, March 15, 2008

Home once again

It feels so good to drive into town after a very long trip. Today's trip was very long although I made good time. It only took 8 1/2 hours including the stop for lunch. Tomorrow's trip is supposed to take 9 1/2 hours. I am going to make Josh do some of the driving. I also have to play at church at 8:30 in the morning.

The drive was uneventful. I don't care much for driving the big SUV's but I guess overall they are pretty safe. It just feels like I'm driving a tank. Parking is almost impossible. I was relieved to finally get into my car on the way home.

I've got to get some laundry started and then figure out what I'm going to do for dinner. Josh is at a friend's house right now. I'm trying to eat a little better these days in hopes of losing a little weight. I haven't been able to motivate myself much, but I've made at least some efforts in the past week now. I need to do more walking, it's just a matter of finding the time. I guess now that we have more daylight in the evenings, I don't have much of an excuse any more. Well, I'm going to get laundry started, find dinner, and then call it an early night. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to post while I'm gone so don't panic if I don't say anything for a few days. We will be getting back on Wednesday. Then Holy Week starts and I'll be playing or singing the rest of the week and weekend. So much for spring break!

3 comments:

Billy said...

Glad you are home, but sorry you have another drive. ugh... that can get tiresome. Drive safely. When will you be home for good?

Anonymous said...

Ah, Nacos for Sunday ... I am curious and will have to look on a map. Return safely!

Andrew said...

What's better than reading my favorite blog? Commenting on it. I hope you're getting some rest and Josh likes the school. I've set you as the bar I need to rise to in my recovery. If I could only do half of what you do.

Mago,

Nagodoches is an American Indian word. I am not sure what it means though. So is Chattahoochee. The river I live next to. We will have to be sleuths and look it up.