Saturday, August 09, 2008

Perhaps my last day of rest

I feel guilty that I didn't do anything today, but it was nice and relaxing. Tomorrow I've got to get ready for for the workshop I'm teaching on Monday. I think I have my powerpoints ready, but I need to get some stuff printed. I'll go to Kinko's after church tomorrow and have that done. I've been selling several rosaries lately. In the past week, I've had three orders and I just got a request for a custom rosary. Perhaps my site is coming up on more search engines or something. Tonight I cooked steak for dinner along with a baked potato and mac and cheese. I only ate 1/2 the potato and will save the other for tomorrow.
So workshop on Monday and then Tuesday will be my last day off before I go back to school. Inservice doesn't officially start until Thursday, but I'm going to go up on Wednesday to start working in my room. There's a lot to get done in the week before the students return. I think I'm going to take a different tack with my interp and debate classes this year. I'm not going to do as much teaching and lecturing and just let the students do more work. It seems that the classes are going to be pretty split with students that want to do debate in interp class and vice versa. I may have few new students so I'll just coach them as best as I can, but I'm going to try to let the students work more on their own.
I haven't decided how I'm going to structure yearbook yet, but I know what I need to do to get through the first week of school. We need to decide and finalize a theme and figure out what exactly we're going to do with the book. We also need to get our ad sales finished and plan for the first sale of the book.
Well, it's getting close to bed time so I'm going to try to wind down and head that way soon.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

It is great your getting some traffic on you Rosary site. I treasure the one you made for me.

It is that time of year for those that read your blog to sigh as we will have less of you for ourselves. You are going to be so busy that you will need a Ghostwriter to keep the blog going. I am going to be really rooting for you in the upcoming weeks as your gear up.