Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Getting there slowly

I finished my paper with a little time to spare.  It was due by 11:55 tonight and I submitted it at 8:45.  I’m not completely happy with it, but then again, I don’t think I’ve ever been completely happy with any papers I’ve ever submitted.  I don’t think I’ll get a perfect score, but I don’t think I’ll lose a lot of points either.  It’s worth 10 points so if I get at least an 8, I’ll be happy.  The word count was supposed to be between 900 and 1100 words and mine was 1099.  Talk about cutting it close! 

Today was group picture day at school and I was thoroughly disappointed by the way things went.  I’m irritated with my principal who would not not take 10 seconds of class time to make an announcement to send students down for their pictures.  Several key students did not get in their group’s pictures because other teachers wouldn’t let them out of class.  This is despite the fact that I sent 3 emails about picture day within a week.  Oh well, it is over and I don’t have to worry about it any more. 

Last night I went to the school board meeting to take pictures of students getting awards.  Matthew and I went to dinner after the meeting.  We went to Pizza Hut and split a medium pizza.  Then we went back to his placed where we talked and of course did a bit of kissing.  He told me that the more time he spends with me that the more he likes me.  He also says he loves my smile and that I have expressive eyes.  I had been thinking about going to the football game tomorrow, but didn’t want to go if I couldn’t sit with him – thought it might be a bit awkward if he was wanting to try to remain a bit covert a little longer.  He surprised me by asking me if I wanted to go with him.  He also said that he would tell his boss (the superintendent) that we’d be going together as a date.  I’m excited to be spending so much time with him.  I just hope it is not at the expense of not getting my next paper finished!  I’m sure I’ll get it done.  I’ve printed all the research for it and will start going through it at school tomorrow.  I do need to buy a new toner cartridge soon though – the red button on the printer is blinking furiously, though it still prints the pages just fine. 

I’m still having some insomnia issues with waking up around 2:30 in the morning and not being able to get back to sleep right away.  I’m not sure what is going on with that, but it’s probably stress related.  I’m off to try sleep once again.

1 comment:

Leann said...

Enjoy the game and your time with Matthew. :-)