Sunday, October 17, 2010

Maybe it’s my charm….

Ok, maybe I’m not stupid.  Maybe I’m a little bit foolish.  Whatever the case may be, Matthew and I are on again of sorts.  So I texted him today about coming to town to work on stuff and he texted me back and we continued our conversation about stuff.  I asked him if he wanted to go to lunch to talk more.  He said yes, so around 1:15 I picked him up and we went to lunch.  He told me several things that were rather enlightening.  I won’t go into details, but one thing that he did say was that I was one of very few people that he has opened as much as he has about his feelings and life and such.  We determined that we would be friends for now and just go with that.  I told him that I was content with being friends.  We stayed at lunch until almost 3:00 and then I took him back home.  I had invited him to go with me tonight to the band competition and at first he said he’d think about it and let me know.  By the time I took him home, he said that he would accept my offer.  So we agreed to meet at 6:00 at my house and ride together and that.  So we go to the band competition and run into one of the people that works in his office.  She just said hello, but I suspected that she was wondering why we were together.  We got there early and visited until the bands started performing.  Surprisingly (or maybe not) the superintendent of our schools texted him and asked him if he was on a date.  He said that she was probably there at the competition and had seen him arrive with me.  He said that his response to her would be that we were there just as friends but there was the possibility of dates in the future.  At the end of the competition, he got another text that told us that our band had gotten a first division before it was announced.  When he texted her back, he told her his response to her earlier question.  So all was good.  The bands were really good and we both seemed to enjoy the event.  So we get back to my place and earlier he had brought a bottle of wine that he wanted to share once we returned.  So we opened the wine and had a couple of glasses and talked more.  And then once again we ended up kissing.  A lot.  And he said that he thinks that he lied to his boss (the superintendent) earlier with his text message.  So now we’ve decided that we will go on real dates and just see where things go.  I think he is finally ok with the unknown and is willing to just take a chance.  So that’s where we are.  He also indicated that he really regrets not talking to me for three weeks and it was a lot of wasted time.  He just felt very confused and because he didn’t have the answers to his multitude of concerns, he basically shut down.  So I guess we are on again.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, charm is a good explanation. :)

Diana said...

I think it's best if you just continue your friendship with Matthew knowing he isn't a "keeper". He shows all the signs of a wishy washy non-committal person. If he is fun otherwise and you really do have fun with him and it helps you not be lonely to hang out with him, then do it. You don't have to want to marry every guy you date (and you shouldn't) Dating is supposed to be fun. No need to have deep personal conversations about why he pulls back and why he doesn't call, just know you are in charge of you. Just protect yourself first and don't worry so much about how "he feels". He obviously takes care of himself first. Be well!

Diana said...

OH, and feel free to ignore me if you wish, just trying to give my perspective....and I figure if you didn't want anyone's opinion, then you wouldn't put this out there....right?

Leann said...

I wish you all the best.

Vonn Einstein said...

can't believe how fast news travels at a band competition!