Friday, October 08, 2010

Made it to Albuquerque

I left school around 4:15 and headed to Albuquerque.  I arrived at my aunt’s house 4 1/2 hours later.  Have just watched some t.v., enjoyed a bloody mary and then listened to the local radio station back home to see if our team won or lost.  It was intense – we were ahead by 3 and it got down to the last 12 seconds.  The opposing team threw a pass into the end zone that was incomplete and with only a few seconds on the clock left, they got a field goal and tied the game.  The opposing team ended up winning in overtime.  Very disappointing. 

So I’m going to take a benadryl shortly and go to bed.  We’re going shopping tomorrow and going to lunch with my sister.  She called me today and said that she realized that it was next weekend that she was off.  Since I already had plans to come this weekend, we decided to meet for lunch instead. 

I realized on the way here that I forgot my cord to connect my mp3 player in my car.  I stopped at the K-Mart in Tucumcari to see if I could pick one up, they didn’t have anything and there wasn’t a Walmart.  So I just listened to the radio, but I would rather have had my own music.  I’ll pick one up before heading home on Sunday.

1 comment:

Leann said...

Enjoy the visit with your sister and family. Be safe.