Saturday, October 30, 2010

Best Date Ever

It’s been a very busy few days, but I’ll try to catch you up on things.  Of course, I’m supposed to be working on my research paper that is due tomorrow that I haven’t started writing, but what’s a little more procrastination?  I do have the research done and I’ve read through much of it – just need to start writing soon. 

So on Thursday, Matthew and I made plans to attend the football game together.  He met me at my house and I took him to dinner at a local restaurant.  He told me that he had asked the superintendent if it would be a problem for us to date.  She replied that it wasn’t a problem, but he had to be nice to me.  After dinner, we made a quick trip to Walmart so I could pick up some blank CDs to record music to listen to on our trip to Lubbock on Friday.  We went to the game and had a great time together.  I don’t think a lot of people noticed us as we sat more to the side.  It was a good game – really close, but our team won in the end.  We got back around 10:00 and he came in for a little while, but didn’t stay long since we both had to work tomorrow.  Turns out that he took Friday morning off.  I had insomnia issues again.

On Friday, I barely managed to get to school on time.  I had to pick up donuts for my yearbook staff as we were celebrating birthdays.  I also had to pack stuff to get ready for the concert after school.  Time seemed to go by slowly on Friday in anticipation of meeting Matthew after school.  I left school about 20 minutes early and ran to Walmart for a few things.  I met him at his apartment shortly after 4:00, changed shirts, updated make-up and jewelry and then we were on our way.  We listened to music, talked, and held hands on the way there.  We stopped at a little family restaurant in a town on the way and split a seafood dinner which was pretty good.  We got to the concert about an hour and half early which meant that we found a parking spot easily.  We had really good seats in the center back with a direct view of the stage.  We weren’t really close, but they had two video screens for close-up shots.  The concert itself was AMAZING.  I had such a good time being there.  It lasted 3 hours with a brief intermission.  We didn’t get out of the parking lot and headed back until midnight.  We got back to town at 1:45 a.m. 

******* My friend Carol should stop reading here *******

Ok, she is probably still reading, but I won’t say that I didn’t warn her.  So we get back to his apartment.  He had made the offer earlier in the week for me to stay there and he had offered to let me have his bed and he would sleep on an air mattress. 

I’m not going to pretend that I haven’t been tempted to take things further with him.  I know he has as well.  I wasn’t sure where things would go.  At one point he said that he wanted to take me to bed with him.  My thoughts were that I wanted to sleep with him, but not have sex.  Before I could get those thoughts out, he basically told me the same thing.  He said that as much as he wanted to ravish me, that in other relationships, he moved much faster and they didn’t work out.  I shared my thoughts with him as well which were similar. So it was agreed that I’d stay the night, but we would behave.  And we did.  Mostly.  Still kissed.  Still enjoyed being together.  Just maintained some sense of self-control.  For the moment. 

Ideally, If I were a perfect person with absolute self-control, I wouldn’t move so fast.  But I’m at least trying to wait until we are at a more committed point in our relationship.  Right now we are “dating.”  As to what that means exactly, I’m not sure.  We simply enjoy spending time together.  He makes me feel good.  I feel beautiful in his eyes.  I feel a sense of joy all the time.  I smile when I think of him. 

So I left this morning and got ready to go up to a local school for a speech tournament.  I visited with friends longer than I should have.  I intended to start reading through my research early this afternoon, but I didn’t get home until 3:00.  I ate some lunch and then was so tired that I napped for about an hour an a half. I’ve been reading and making notes off and on since about 5:00.  I have to get through the research and make a rough outline tonight.  I’ll type the paper tomorrow morning and then edit in the afternoon – I hope.  I also need to go up to school and leave my sub plans sometime tomorrow.  I guess I should get back to work now. 


Leann said...

I am so happy for you!! It sounds like you are very happy with the way your life is at the moment. That's all we get...moments.

Enjoy and hope you are having a great weekend. :-)

Anonymous said...

I really hope you found a good man!