Sunday, March 11, 2012

The break

Spring break is finally here.  Yesterday was still cold and rainy so it was a great day to sleep in and not do much of anything.  I slept until about noon and then I just watched t.v., read my book, and goofed off until I had to get ready to pick up Matt for church.  I picked him up at 5:15 and we headed to church.  After that, we went to eat Thai food.  It was ok, but not as good as My Thai back home.  After dinner we went bowling.  Matt beat me two out of three games.  He had a really good streak the second game and bowled a 144. 

I don’t know if the time change during spring break is good or bad.  Maybe I’ll be able to take a week to get used to it, but since I have no plans to get up early any day, it may be a shock when I go back to work next week.  Oh well.  I guess I’m going to be getting up a little early tomorrow.  Matt and I are going to breakfast and then heading to six flags.  I’m wondering if riding roller coasters will help unplug my ear.  Or I guess it could make it worse.  I’m willing to risk it though.  It is getting annoying.  Sometimes I think it is on the verge of opening up, but it doesn’t. 

Tonight I’m going over to Matt’s to watch “The Help” on his new t.v.  I helped him get it set up and get the cable channels to be recognized so he thinks I’m really smart.  I like the fact that he likes that I’m smart.  I’ll finally get to meet his friend Ira – a retired priest that lives in his apartment building. 

As for the rest of the week – I’m not sure what I’ll do on Tuesday and Wednesday.  I do need to do some house cleaning, but nothing that is totally pressing.  I will probably do some reading.  Matt and I leave for Dallas on Thursday night and will come back on Sunday.  He’s playing in the tournament, but I’m not so I will have to keep myself occupied.  I still need to find something for him for his birthday.  I did order one gift, but it isn’t much. 

No comments: