Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Collection Completed

potterpic2

I finally got the second Harry Potter book in hardback so now my collection is complete.  I had the first three in paperback, but was able to find copies in hardback so now they are all in the same format.  I need to re-read them since I didn’t get a chance to do so last summer.  But now that spring break is halfway over, I don’t think I’ll have time.  Even though I’ve been buying my Jack Reacher series on my Kindle, I loaned it to Josh to take to Tasmania so I picked up two more of the books I hadn’t read in paperback.  I got everything at Half-Price Books and still had about $9.00 on the gift card that Matt got me for Christmas.  That way I’ll have books to read on our trip to Dallas. 

It took a while, but I finally got somewhat productive this afternoon.  I slept in this morning and eventually got up around 11:00.  I had some lunch, watched t.v., and then headed to the store.  I met my  ex-husband up north to give him a key to my house so that he can check on the animals while I’m gone.  I really need to make a few more friends that live closer that would be willing to house and pet sit for me.  I’ve done a few loads of laundry and was in the process of putting things away when I decided to procrastinate and write this blog. 

I still have to do dishes, vacuum, clean my car out and wash it.  I have an appointment tomorrow morning to have the tires rotated and balanced.  I’ll wash it after that is done tomorrow.  I’m picking Matt up around 5:15 tomorrow evening and then we’re heading up to Dallas.  I helped him get a really good deal for the hotel through hotwire.  I’ve gotten pretty good at being able to guess which hotel we’re going to get.  The normal rate was $86 a night.  The “official” rate for the tournament was $99 a night.  Matt got it through hotwire based on my guesswork for $44 a night. 

Well, I guess I’ve procrastinated long enough.  I should start putting up the laundry that has accumulated and start the dishwasher.  I also need to wrap Matt’s present.  I still want to get him something else, but I don’t know what.  I figure I’ll have time to do some shopping while in Dallas. 

No comments: