Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Call me the Enforcer

I’ve been on a roll lately at school.  It seems my job this week is to round up troublemakers at school.  On Monday, I caught two girls skipping their PE class and reported them to their gym teacher and the principal.  On Tuesday, I caught two other girls leaving class without permission twice.  I finally wrote a referral both of them – one especially because she told me to “Quit being so bossy.”  On Wednesday afternoon, I witnessed a fight and got it stopped and took one of the culprits to the office and got the name of the other student that was fighting.  Today, I witnessed a girl that tried to pull the fire alarm and then ran from me.  I ended up going the opposite direction and eventually caught up with her as she was talking to the assistant principal and the police officer.  I reported the incident to them and then had to write up a statement on it. 

On Monday, I was also subpoenaed as a witness to a student that vandalized the boy’s bathroom back in February.  It is the first time I’ve ever received a subpoena.  I spoke to the prosecuting attorney today to give my statement.  I probably won’t have to go to court, but am on stand-by if needed.  On top of all that, I got a jury duty notice in the mail yesterday.  Luckily it isn’t until April 2 which is after testing.  Unlike most summons I’ve received back in Canyon, I actually have to show up to court.  Usually Randall county had a number to call the day before to see if the jury session had be cancelled.  Oh well, I guess I’ll take a book to read.  I wouldn’t mind actually serving on a jury if the case was interesting.  

Matt came over for dinner tonight and then we watched American Idol.  After that we watched a British movie that was really slow and didn’t have much of a point to it.  It ended without any resolution.  It was pretty disappointing.  Well, I’m off to bed.  Luckily I got more coffee and creamer at the store so that I can have a pick me up in the morning.  I was dragging by this afternoon.  Tomorrow I’m locking myself in my office and processing books most of the day while the principals deal with a bigwig meeting in the library. 

1 comment:

Leann said...

Isn't it interesting how days seem to have a 'theme'.