Friday, November 05, 2004

Issues with the Aunt again...

The doorbell rings at 5:45 this morning. Yes, that's A.M. Only time that happens is when the police are doing it. Sure enough I was right. At first I thought, oh no, it's my dogs barking again. But then I realized that they had been sleeping with me. When I noticed that the police officer was my former brother-in-law I figured it had to do with my aunt again. He was clued into the situation a while back and knew that I had been dealing with her. He tells me that she has called the police claiming that someone was trying to kill her son. (That would be David that lives with me.) They said that when they went over there this morning that she couldn't remember why she had called them but she had washed her hair. I told them that I was no longer dealing with her, but I would get her son and he could deal with it. Although she hasn't spoken to me since August and has forbidden David to discuss her situation with me, I figured that she's probably changed her medication again or stopped taking it and is going off the deep end again. So after the police left, I woke David up and let him know what was going on. (If I had to get up at 5:45, he did too.) He went over there and stayed until about 7 a.m. Of course I don't know what's truly going on since I'm not in the loop any more. And it's a relief. I'm thankful that it's not me that has to deal with all of this again. I'm sorry that she's having problems again and that she'll probably end up in the hospital again. At least this time she has no recourse to blame me. As far as I'm concerned, she's brought this on herself and she has to deal with it.

No comments: