Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Trying to Stay Warm

My house is cold. I HATE being cold. The heater is trying to do it's job. I have it on around 75 but the temp is staying in the 60's. I really need to get the airconditioners out of the windows. Guess I'll just keep layering on the clothes and staying under the covers for now.
I have to go vote this afternoon.
On a happy note the child support check has come through on time this month. Woo Hoo! Mine and Josh's birthday is next week. (yes we were born on the same day) I think I'm going to get him a computer chair for his room. I don't know what I should buy for myself. I kind of stopped having birthdays since Josh was born. (I guess that means I'm still 21) I've always wanted to feel somewhat special on my birthday, but it hasn't been that way in many years. Last year was when my mom was released from the hospital and given only 2 weeks to live. Kind of a bummer to say the least. While I was married, Richard sometimes bought me something or sent flowers, but I always had to remind him to do so. And half the time he was out of town with his job. I once sent him on a scavenger hunt for his birthday. It just got to the point where my birthday wasn't so special any more. I think everybody's birthday should have at least some meaning. I'm not always the best at it, but I try to remember them with a card, phone call or something. I even sent my former mother-in-law a card this week. (Her birthday is the week before mine) So for the past few years I've bought myself a little something for my birthday because I deserve it darn it!

No comments: