Wednesday, April 11, 2007

General Ramblings

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. Immediately after school I went with my students to a school in Amarillo so they could get some practice in on their pieces before Regional contest this weekend. Another coach listened to them and gave them critiques which was very helpful. You know how it is... your child (or students) might not listen to you, but when they hear it from someone else, they "get" it. Hopefully they'll be ready by this weekend. After the practice I went by Taco Villa and got dinner. I headed home and became a vegetable the rest of the night. I sat in front of the t.v. with my computer in my lap all evening. I guess I'm trying to make up for lost time on the internet.

I've joined the My Space bandwagon though I'm still not certain why. My students have been telling me that I need a my space. I put one together, but I haven't told them yet. I'm not sure that I am going to right now. I have been looking up people I went to high school with, but there's not even a handful of them on there that I actually "knew" in high school. For now, it's just a passing fancy. I intend to keep the my space thing as a separate identity without links to this blog or my website. I'd rather not have students reading this blog. I'm sure if there were some that knew I had a blog, they could find it easily, but I don't mention such things.

I suppose I should get some papers graded or something. That's an idea! Stay caught up on grading so there's not mounds of papers to grade at once! What a concept. Or I could just put it off like I always do and find something else to distract me. Hope you're having a good day!

1 comment:

Terri said...

I'm also on myspace as well mostly because my younger brothers and my oldest who is almost 14. Its nice, but I certainly don't feel the need to pour out my heart and soul on there! I graduated in '89 and that age seems to be few and far between when I've done school searches. If I can find you from the link I'll add you to my friends. I also have a teacher friend whose high school students wanted her to get on myspace but she ended up taking herself down because one other teacher in the area got in trouble for things about a student so just be careful!