Saturday, April 21, 2007

A Laugh from Google

I printed out maps for our trip down to Dallas/Austin tomorrow, but did not print maps for the trip home. It's not that I can't find my way back, but I like to have the maps just in case. I decided tonight to check the possible routes. I went to google maps and typed in Austin, TX to Hereford (but I hit enter before I typed the TX) Instead of taking me to Hereford, TX it gave me directions to Hereford, UK. Below is the map it gave me.

I don't know if you can read it, but on the directions it says "Swim across the Atlantic Ocean 3,452 mi."

I needed a good laugh today!

3 comments:

Summer said...

That is too funny!

Susanlee said...

That is hilarious! Leave it to google to think you're an Olympic swimmer and not someone who oh... gets on a plane. Hehe. That is a company that assumes the best of it's customers :)

Terri said...

I just got an email today from someone that said type in "New York to London" on Google maps and #24 says the same thing "swim across Atlantic Ocean 3,462 miles". I laughed and laughed. Someone at Google has a sense of humor!