Sunday, April 01, 2007

Queen of Shopping

I went to Mass this morning but had to be there early to warm up for choir. The congregation met in the Parish Hall and then processed into the Church singing "The King of Glory." It was really cool. It was a longer Mass since we read the Passion of Christ so it didn't end until almost 1:00. After Mass, I had to stay to rehearse for the Easter Vigil service. I didn't get home until after 2:30 and I was starving. I decided that today would be one of the only chances I would have to go shopping and try to find a new Easter dress. I headed to Amarillo and stopped at Taco Villa to get my favorite - a meat burrito grande. I scarfed it down and then went to the mall. I started at J.C. Penny's but I couldn't find much that I really liked. The was a sun dress that I tried on that fit very well but I couldn't wear it at school because the straps were too thin and it would show my tattoo. It seems that the much of today's style does not mesh with mine. Not that I have a style really... but everything seems to be going retro with funky colors like pink and brown. After Penny's I headed down to Sears. I spent the majority of my time there and got some good deals. After trying on several skirts and top combinations I found one that I could live with. It is a pretty green and it was on sale for 40% off. It was about what I was willing to spend for a dress so I decided to get it. I didn't find any dresses that I cared for. I also ended up getting another outfit just because. I bought a pair of capri pants and a cut-out t-shirt with a flower design in front. It was also on sale. The best deal, though, was a Land's End jacket that was originally $80 that I got on sale for $10. It was marked down to $19.99, and it was 50% off. It has enough of a lining to wear during cool evenings or for cold rainy days like we had on Friday. I thought it was a very good deal. After that, I had to find shoes to go with my dress. I had some I thought might work at home but they are a little big for me so I decided to see what I could find at the Shoe Dept. I found a pair of comfortable beige/cream pair with a low heel that seemed to do the trick. They were also on sale, but not as cheap as I would have liked. I decided to go ahead and get them because I had other outfits that they would work with. Then I headed back to Penny's where I parked. On the way out, I stopped to look at men's shirts and found a really nice green dress shirt and a tie for Josh. It was another great find because I only paid $14 for both! That was enough shopping for the day!

I know I haven't posted in a while. I haven't had much to share. I slept in on Friday which was quite lovely. Then I went with my dad to his bank to try to set up a bank draft so that my check to him can be automatically taken out of my account. Once we got there, they said that it would have to be set up through my bank, but my bank had told me that it had to be set up through his. In the end we decided I should set up through my bill pay and have a check mailed to his bank. After that, my dad took me to lunch at Red Lobster. Since it was Friday and I couldn't eat meat, I had the seaside shrimp trio which was quite yummy. I brought half of it home and had it for dinner as well.

Saturday I went to a retreat at Church for the RCIA class. It wasn't too bad. I think it was a little better than last year's. Lunch was quite yummy, they served us Mexican pile-on. After the retreat, I was pretty much a bum. I came home and took a nap and then just watched t.v. and played a game of rollercoaster tycoon since I couldn't surf the net. (Only one more week!) I tried to call Andrew and see what he was up to, but he was gone again.

Tonight I'm going to be making my famous Cashew chicken. Well... I better get busy! Hope y'all are having a great weekend or what's left of it at least.

1 comment:

Susanlee said...

Yay! I got an Easter dress too...not really for Easter I guess since we don't really do Easter but that's what I'm calling it, since I miss getting an Easter dress as a little girl. It was also on sale hurray for spring clearance!