Sunday, April 29, 2007

Restful Weekend

Dinner on Friday was very good. Saturday morning I tried to sleep in, but the dogs wouldn't let me. My aunt brought her dogs which is fine because they're good dogs and one of them can't even bark (it's vocal chords were cut before she got him)... but they did drive my dogs (actually Mollie) crazy. She wouldn't shut up on Saturday morning. I finally got up and put her in my room which helped for a while. I then went back to bed for about an hour. I was up by 8:30 and made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. I took a shower and got dressed. We went over to my dad's shop to check out the kittens that one of his rescued cats had. There are three of them and they are very cute. There is a calico/tabby one, a himalayan, and an orange tabby. I'm glad Josh didn't go because he would want one of them. After that we went to the craft store and then to the mall. My aunt was going to buy me clothes or something but I couldn't find anything I wanted. I am feeling very fat these days and it sucks. I really need to do something about it. I did get some new underwear, however. My aunt also gave me some money to get something another time. I'll take it on my trip to Austin instead. As soon as I got home, I had to change and get ready for Church. I played for the confirmation Mass on Saturday. That meant I could sleep in this morning. Of course I was awake by 7:30, but I stayed in bed for another hour or so. I called my brother and found out that he was on his way to Canyon to go to Church. I would have met him there, but I didn't know until just before it started. I was happy to know that he and his sort-of wife are giving it some thought. After church, they came over and Tim (my brother) brought his pole saw and trimmed my apple tree, cut down the broken branches (after last winter's ice storm) from another tree, and then cut down another tree that I didn't want. (It looke more like an overgrown bush.) They left and I made sausage pizza for lunch. It was very yummy. After that, I was tired and went to take a nap. I needed to get some school work done today, but I don't think it's going to happen. I think I'll finish the book I'm reading and just veg out some. It's been a fairly relaxing weekend, which is a good thing. Next weekend I'll be in Austin and the following weekend, I'll be going to Albuquerque so my aunt can help me make my costume. I haven't even started on it yet. I haven't been able to work on my flag routine either. I did find my copy of the routine written out and I think I remember most of other than a few moves. I'll have to edit it some, but it shouldn't be too difficult. At least I'll be getting some exercise which is something I need. I hope all of you had a nice weekend as well.

No comments: