Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Time to get busy again

The rest of the week and weekend are going to be quite busy. Today I'm trying to get caught up on grades. I'm not really behind except I'm a bit perturbed by a student in my first period class. Today was the last day to perform their Reader's Theatre performances. This student is in both a small group and the large group (entire) class performance. He wasn't here today. He won't be here again until next Thursday because of Tennis and Choir. He has put his classmates in a bind because of being absent and what upsets me the most is that he was at school during 3rd period. At least it's not as bad as what has happened to my fellow teacher that is in charge of the one-act play. She had a student quit today that is in one of the lead roles and they have contest on Friday.
Tonight I have choir practice and I also have to get to the grocery store at some point. Tomorrow I have to tally the cheerleading results for a local school. (It's a long story, but they pay me every year to do it.) Then immediately I have to get to Church for the Holy Thursday services. Luckily there is no school on Friday but some time that morning I have to go watch Josh perform in the One-Act play for his school. Then I have to go to the Good Friday service. Saturday evening will be the Easter Vigil and then on Sunday I have to go to both services because I'm singing at 8:30 and then playing at 11:15 (but I'm getting paid for the 11:15 service).
Luckily Lent is over this weekend so I can once again post regularly and stay up to date with all the blogs I read. Well, I better getty ready for 5th period and finish putting grades on their speeches. They're going to be having an Easter Egg hunt this afternoon. (It is a test review for them - each egg has a question in them and if they answer it correctly, they get a piece of candy. - Yes it's cheesy, but even as a high school student, they love it.) Problem is that I'm a very good egg-hider and they don't seem to be very good finders.

3 comments:

Leann said...

Wow, sounds like you have a full plate girl.

I love the easter egg question idea. Hopefully they'll become better seekers as the rewards roll in.

Summer said...

It will be so great to have our girl back! Happy Easter.

Andrew said...

Yes, I agree with Summer. I have missed having your Johnny on the spot posts and knowing that you are reading my blog everyday. I feel lost without your online presence. Come back to us soon. When does Lent end? Missing you.

Andrew