Sunday, April 15, 2007

Lots of big news

I am still curious as to when everything is going to fall apart. Maybe it's my cynical nature that I still haven't been able to quite let go of. I am just amazed at the good things happening in my life. Maybe it's just my turn to have things go well. I can't say that life is perfect, but it's really quite something right now.

School is going well. My classes have been doing well with my students passing and everything. Next week is TAKS testing at school and I found out that not only will I get to stay in my room this time, but I will only have 7 students in my room.

The speech team is still doing an amazing job. At regionals this weekend, four of my students made it to finals and three of them are now going to be competing at State. The other is an alternate.

I'm still not raking in the dough, nor am I debt free, but I am able to pay my bills each month with a little left over. And today, out of the blue, I got a notice from Social Security that said they reviewed Josh's benefits and are increasing his benefit amount starting in May AND they are sending a check for $1500 in May as well.

Now, the house on the other hand... it's a mess again.. but that is pretty much the status quo around here. I still haven't had a date or any prospects.... but my Cosmo horoscope says that I'm meeting my potential soul mate in September. (LOL) But regardless of a few things not being perfect, I feel as though I've been especially blessed this year and question whether I am deserving of it all. I still wonder if a big let down is coming up. I hate to even seem pessimistic because I'm really not that way these days, but it's hard to go with the flow and tell myself that I deserve to be happy. But maybe after 2004 and early 2005, maybe I deserve just a little bit.

So what's not perfect? I still wish that I had more friends.... real friends and not just acquaintances. I want someone to go shopping with and go to the movies. Someday, I do want to get married again, but right now I'd still settle for just a date. A real date... not some freak I meet online. (No offense to the handful of normal, nice guys out there.)

Well, these are just some rambling thoughts. Life is pretty good and I can't complain.

3 comments:

Billy said...

Life IS good, isn't it? I wish I lived closer. I think you are someone I could definitely hang out with. We have different jobs, but both have sons. It would be fun to just get out and have lunch or go for coffee. sigh...

Summer said...

I know that feeling well. I wonder why we do that?

Enjoy! You deserve it!

Terri said...

Don't be pessimistic; live in the moment. A lot of the positive things coming our way are because of the decisions we make; if you start thinking negatively...well you know where I'm going... Maybe God is rewarding you for being so good during lent! :o)