Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Moving right along

I was hoping that things would slow down after the tournament, but no such luck. Now I have even more things to get done. I did get some grading done today which is promising. Since progress reports are going out Thursday, I figure I should get some grades entered. I still can't make heads or tails of the money from the tournament without the fee sheets and there are several coaches that haven't responded to my requests. Luckily, I show that I have more money than what the fees were. If I can't figure it out, I'll just deposit the money and refund those schools that did contact me and deal with the rest later. Tomorrow is already Wednesday and I still need to put together lesson plans for my sub on Thursday and again for my sub on Monday and Tuesday. I realized that I'm going to miss 6 days in February. Four of them are personal, but thankfully I put in my requests early.

I submitted my FAFSA information yesterday. Although I submitted it for both 07-08 and 08-09, I probably will only start using it for 08-09. It turns out that they have changed the summer dates which interfere with the dates I will (hopefully) be gone to Nationals. I could possibly take one of the classes which I may do and just try to pay for it myself. I was going to save up money to spend a week in Dallas, but now I'd only have to spend a day so that money could be used for tuition. My EFC (expected family contribution) for the 08-09 school year is around $1800. Hopefully I'll still get enough in loans to be able to pay for my classes. I can't do grad school without it.

I received an email today from a lady that read my conversion story on my Catholic blog. She said she was interested in interviewing me for a radio program. I'm flattered that she is interested in me. I think it would be interesting so we'll see if it pans out.

I came home early today despite the fact that I should have stayed to clean my office at school. I just felt that for once I should be able to leave school while it was still light outside. I made supper (baked penne pasta) and have spent the evening reading and relaxing. I'm going to head to bed shortly and read a little before turning in for the night.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Post the link to the radio interview if it gets online. I would love to hear it. I do hope you get a loan that covers the cost of school. I look at you starting this as similar to my wanting to go back to work. We both have obstacles, but they are not insurmountable. Hope you had a good day, today!