Saturday, January 19, 2008

Saturday Shopping

It felt good to sleep in this morning. I didn't get up until 9:00. I took a shower and got ready to go to a thing at church. Our priest gave an informal presentation on bioethics and Euthanasia. After that I came home and made some lunch and watched t.v. I got cold after a while so I went and got back under my covers and took a nap. Finally I got up and decided to pay some bills. Thankfully my car insurance payment was lower this month so I had some extra money. After paying bills I headed to town to do a little shopping. I needed some new jeans since mine tore last weekend. I found a pair on sale at Penny's so that was good. Then I went to Dillard's and bought a pair of dress pants. I actually paid full price (almost unheard of for me) but it's a brand and style that works for me. (And full price was only $30) I also bought a sweater that was on sale for $15. I almost felt guilty, but not too much. I haven't shopped for myself since the beginning of school.

I stopped at the Walmart in Amarillo on the way home. They have more of a selection and I wanted to get wine so that I could make my San Francisco Pork chop recipe. (And to just have some wine.) It was freezing cold by the time I finished. Have I mentioned before how much I hate being cold?

I haven't IM'd in quite a while. Yesterday a friend from college chatted with me for a bit and then a new guy that just moved to Canyon from Tulsa struck up a conversation. It was actually a decent conversation for once. (Which is always surprising - as he didn't live in Nigeria and want me to be his one true love.) And today I chatted with Marty for a little bit. Of course I had to initiate the conversation, but he has some books of mine that I would like to have back so I asked him about it and then proceeded to chat with him for a little while. He's the same old Marty. Thankfully I no longer have feelings for him other than perhaps a distant friendship.

I have to go to bed early so that I can get to church by 8:00 to practice. We're singing at the 8:30 service. I think I need something for dessert now. Shopping makes me hungry.

2 comments:

Billy said...

Hope dinner and dessert were yummy. I never IM. I guess I really don't know how. I am a nerd. Oh well. Stay warm!

Summer said...

Sounds like the perfect day to me.