Thursday, March 10, 2011

Another brief update

Made it to Lewisville (North of Dallas) shortly before midnight last night.  I started a book on my Kindle and got through about 17% of it.  (It is weird to put a percent but there aren’t any page numbers.)  Staying at a Marriot Courtyard.  Hotel is nice and the beds are really comfortable.  They’re even providing free breakfast though they usually don’t.  We registered this morning and then went to the mall for about two hours.  I found a khaki pair of pants for $9.00 at Dillards.  I was looking for a purse thinking I might start carrying one again at some point, but I guess I’m too particular and relatively cheap.  I wanted something smallish – but big enough to hold my Kindle.  But I didn’t want to spend $50 on something.  Guess I will just continue to carry a small wallet in my pocket for now. 

I have about two hours to kill now so I think I’ll take a nap because I didn’t fall asleep until after 1:00 and had to get up by 8:00 and I was still tired.  We head to the school at 2:30, then I get to hang out with the debate people.  Which really means that I’ll do some work and then spend the time reading. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So there was no sleeping in :(