Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Going on a date

Tonight I’m going out with Matthew.  He’s picking me up around 4:30 and we’re going to dinner then to see the Lippezaner Stallions.  I still haven’t done much of anything other than read.  I stayed in my bed most of the day reading until around 1:00 a.m. last night.  I slept until 10:00 this morning and continued to read.  I did take some time to call the college of education office at the university to find out why I still cannot register for the library certification exam that I need to take.  I emailed the library program two weeks ago about getting approved for the exam.  First I got a response that just told me to read the instructions in a discussion posting.  I responded that I had already done so but I still needed approval.  They then told me that they would submit the paperwork on my behalf.  A week later nothing had happened so I contacted the education office.  I was told that they were processing it and I should be able to register by Wednesday (last week).  I was out of town and didn’t really think about registering and didn’t have access to internet during the day so I didn’t think much about it.  I tried again today and still couldn’t register.  So I called the office.  No answer.  Left a message.  No return call.  Emailed.  Got a response that the person was out of the office for the week and would not respond to messages until the 21st.  Deadline for the exam with out late fees is the 18th.  Called the office again around 1:45.  Finally spoke to a human.  Of course she couldn’t help because they had taken her computer to do some updates and she didn’t have access to the information she needed but assured me that she would work on it as soon as she got her computer back.  Of course she only works afternoons.  So I guess I’ll give them until tomorrow afternoon before I call again and raise some hell.  I’m not sure what the rush is because there are no library jobs available right now, but at least if something should open, I will have my certification.  My master’s degree will allow me to work in any kind of library – except to work as a school librarian in Texas, I have to have additional certification that I get through this test.  This of course is still assuming that I passed the essays and will pass the certification test.  I am really regretting not getting all of this done last semester and graduating in December.  Then I could have applied for some of the positions that are online right now. 

I also called and got an appointment for my dog Max who desperately needs a hair cut.  The groomer that I had been using went out of business and I haven’t had time to get him in elsewhere.  I need a hair cut myself I think but don’t know what to do with my hair.  It’s getting long again which means it’s going to start driving me crazy soon.  Sometimes I want to grow it out again, but most of the time having long hair is more annoying than pretty. I really need to find a real stylist that can give me some advice. 

I should start getting ready for my date.  Not sure what to wear or do with my hair.  Guess I have an hour and a half to figure it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah - "not sure what to wear" - any rug will do! :) And your hair will be gorgeous - HA!