Thursday, March 24, 2011

A pleasant surprise

Today was a typical day at school.  It started out frustrating since I still couldn’t login to the server.  Luckily they reset it and I was able to access my files most of the day – until I lost some work at the very end of the day.  At lunch time I checked my home email and had one from the local college where I had applied for a library position.  When I first opened it, I thought it was a thanks, but the position has been filled or you don’t meet our qualifications letter, but to my surprise, they want me to come in for an interview!  I will be interviewing next Friday at 4:30 p.m.  Prayers would certainly be appreciated!  I spoke to a lady this evening who gave me more details about the position and the interview process.  So that made my day today. 

I worked out my printing issues and was able to get everything ready for the district tournament tomorrow.  I stayed after school until a little after 5:00 getting my sub plans ready.  I tried to rest when I got home but still couldn’t sleep.  I got up and saw that Matthew had called so I called him back.  He’s starting to feel better, but is not at 100%.  If he does feel better by this weekend, we’ll try to get together.  After I talked to him I started painting the garage.  I just finished about 20 minutes ago – but I also talked to the lady from the library for about 20 minutes as well.  I only painted the corner where the washer and dryer are, but that will make it easier when I finish the work. 

Now I’m going to go to bed a read until I get sleepy.  I’m still have sleep issues.  I feel asleep with no problem last night, but then was awake a little before 4:00 a.m. and didn’t go back to sleep.  I took 1/2 an ambien tonight and will see if it works.  I need my rest since it will be a busy day tomorrow. 

2 comments:

Leann said...

I hope you sleep better tonight. I take Trazadon. It shuts down the 'busy' in my mind so I can sleep and once asleep, it keeps me there.

Congrats on the interview invitation. I hope it goes well for you and you can move onto something you really want to do.

I think it's a bummer that your students cannot use the MP3 players for a class assignment. Way to be flexible for the kids learning environments Principal.

Hope you have a wonderful Friday and weekend.

Blessings.

Anonymous said...

Interview! YAY!