Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Halfway over

I cannot believe that half of my spring break is over. I have to say that I’ve slept a good portion of it.  But I also finished a few books.  I finished the last book of the Larsson series last night around 1:30 a.m.  I slept in this morning until around 9:30.  Then I took my dog Max to the groomer.  He was needing a haircut badly.  I should have taken a before picture, but here’s the after.

photoThe date last night was good.  The dinner was really good.  We ate at a really nice romantic Italian restaurant.  The food was very tasty.  The show was ok.  I thought there would be more to it.  But I enjoyed spending the time with Matthew so it was great just to be able to do that.  Tomorrow I’m helping him move. Josh and one of his friends is going to help with the big stuff.  It will be an early day tomorrow.  He’s coming over around 7:15 a.m.   Looks like it will be an ambien night tonight.  I need to get used to getting up early.  I’m not sure if the time change during spring break is a good or bad thing.  At least it isn’t a shock to my system.  Then again it might be if I keep staying up late and sleeping in. 

Tonight I’m watching American Idol.  I wasn’t able to watch it last week but my DVR recorded so I watched it just before tonight’s episode came on.  I think that there’s a lot of unique talent this year. 

Today I applied for a library job at a local community college.  I wasn’t going to apply because I couldn’t honestly answer that I have my degree, but I made a point to note it in my application and resume.  I doubt that I have a chance, but I am glad that I made the effort.  I guess it will depend on how many applicants they get.  At least it forced me to get my resume updated. 

I still couldn’t get registered for the exam I need to take.  They lady at UNT still could not access her computer in order to send the approval to the testing company.  At least she did call me back today to let me know and she assured me that she would be able to have her computer back tomorrow.  As long as I get registered by Friday, I’ll be good.

No comments: