Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Is it Friday yet????

I am soooooooo overworked and underpaid right now. Underpaid since my bonus this year was half of what it was last year and that makes my total income less this year than last. If I were teaching I'd be making a few thousand more than I am now. But I'm sure I'd be stressed and unhappy. This job is less stressful and gives me more freedom, but the money, honestly is a bit sucky at this point. Given the rising cost of gas, the cost of mainting my car that has almost 200,000 miles on it and putting on an addtional 35,000 miles a year.
I'm quite overworked at the moment too. I don't know what it is with my schedule this year, but it seems I'm traveling every day all day long. Last year I could have an office day every couple of weeks or at least a morning or afternoon off every once in a while. I have so much to do and I'm completely putting it off. I've promised to create some things in photoshop for two of my schools and I have to convert 64 pages of pagemaker files to pdfs for another. On top of that, tomorrow I have to visit 6 schools in one day. On Thursday is another 4. Friday may or not be one school. After that, I've got to stop thinking about yearbooks for the next two weeks. I'm just so sick of it at this point. Perhaps I should have sent in the resume for the graphic artist job. Less pay, but no travel and the opportunity for health issurance is quite appealing at this point.
I still have way too many Christmas presents to wrap because I was completely unselfish this year. O.k. I'm unselfish every year. Comes with being a mom and female I guess.
Josh and I still need to practice our duet for my cousin's Christening on Christmas eve.
I have a million photos to put into photo albums for Christmas. Does it ever end?
On a happier note, I did catch up on laundry and dishes and the house is clean. AND I can park my car in the garage. Happy, happy, joy, joy. First time a car has been parked in this garage in about 25 years I think. It's been quite lovely the last two days.
I'm so completely exhausted right now I don't know what to do with myself. I'm comitting myself to being in bed by 10:30 tonight given that I have to be in Dumas by 9 a.m. tomorrow.
Oh... and I've decided to take on another challenge. I'm helping Prison Pete's editor type some of Pete's letters. He's been stressed too and hasn't been able to keep up with the blog. As a loyal reader I offered to help. And I don't mind and have found it interesting. Had trouble deciphering a few words, but the first letter seemed to go well.
And I'm tired of writing now, so will post this and make plans for bed.

No comments: