Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Much Needed Ego Boost

Taken verbatim from Patrick's blog. I'm going to try to return the compliment despite my inferior writing skills.

"A friendly ego boost for Annabel
No, I haven't forgotten about that
ego-boost meme I posted a couple weeks back, I've just been really, really busy.Internet dating ain't always what it's cut out to be. You can just ask me about all the bad things that have happened in my life because of internet dating. Believe me when I tell you that they considerably outweigh the good things.Annabel's one of the good things, though. She responded to one of my singles ads many moons ago, and thought I was interesting. Said she found my profile intriguing, and that she'd like to get to know me better. I found myself wanting to get to know her, as well, since I could tell from her profile that she was pretty, smart, and reasonably well read (Annabel is just a name she uses to protect her privacy; she took it from Edgar Allan Poe's poem "Annabel Lee"). She had sexy long, dark hair and a fetching smile. I was glad to have to chance to find out that she was (and presumably still is) a very good kisser.She's been a good friend through good times and bad, and it was worth the heartache of not being the one she wanted/needed to be with to be able to count on that friendship. She's a good mom, dedicated to and protective of her son, and ferociously proud of his accomplishments and talents.She's adventurous, too, and not just because she dated me (although sometimes I think you have to be pretty adventurous to go out with me). She's one of those brave souls who takes on rollercoasters, the more dips and loops the better. I admire her courage, and wish that she'd believe me when I tell her that I would have ridden the coasters with her. They're not my thing at all, really, but they're hers, and if we'd managed to make it as a couple I would have ridden them just because they're important to her.She's a pretty nifty lady; I'm looking forward to being her friend for a while to come."


No comments: