Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I could use a nap

I did not want to get out of bed at all this morning. I took a benadryl last night because I was feeling itchy. I slept very well, but absolutely not enough. This morning was one that I wished I drank coffee. I had a coke instead. I'm still dragging though. I did get some things accomplished this morning, however. I am caught up on grading for my 5th period Comm. App. class. That is a relief. I'm figuring out grades for my debate and interp classes and should have those done by the end of the week. My desk is still a mess but I'm not sure it will be cleaned any time soon. I'm trying to get ahead on lesson plans so I can get things sent off to the print shop instead of wasting my toner cartridge.

You'll be pleased to know that my house is still clean for the most part. I have yet to get to the extra bedroom, but I think I'll be able to do that on Friday because I don't have school. It's a snow make-up day for us. I was excited to realize that I have morning duty off for the next 3 weeks. Then I have to do it the following Friday, then I'll have two more off. That's cool because I hate doing duty. It's one of those horrible extra things required of teachers. I think duty should garner some extra pay.

Well, I've wasted enough time on here. I'm going to try to get some energy going.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Hey Busy Bee :-P

Been missing you. Don't work too hard and your blog fans are awaiting your return to the online world. Take care.

Andrew

Terri said...

what's morning duty for teachers? Just hanging around before school as the kids come in? I always wanted to be a teacher, more for the summers off than anything else of substance! Enjoying your blog.

Billy said...

Ah! Lesson plans. Busy desk. When does it all end? In May?

Annabel said...

Morning duty is being assigned a certain area and one day a week we are to monitor it and make sure kids don't fight and such. I understand the necessity of it, but it is a royal pain. My duty is in the cafeteria every Friday. Luckily, I have lots of Friday's off.
When does it end? Well, I really don't get a break until July 7. School is out at the end of May, then we have Nationals June 16-23, then speech camp June 25-July 7. Then I'll have about a month off before returning to school.