Monday, May 21, 2007

Anxiously Awaiting

The end of school. My room has so many piles of paper right now, I just don't know where to begin. I am caught up on grading for the most part and just have to give a few tests this week. Tonight we had a reception for the UIL participants so I had to stay after school for a while and then help set up for it around 5:15. I didn't get home until 7:45. Josh fed himself so I'm scrounging for something to eat. I usually don't drink much these days, but tonight I decided I really could use a bloody mary. No particular reason, I guess maybe it's to de-stress a bit. I'm going to enjoy my drink and fix a quick bite and head to bed early tonight.

Today was the last official day of school. The rest of the week is semester testing and the only students that I'll have are those that weren't exempt from my test. We still have our speech banquet on Thursday evening. Friday is a half day of work, but then we have graduation that evening at 7:30. I either have to stay at the school for several hours or go home and come back wasting the gas. The following week I have two days of inservice on Thursday and Friday. Then I'm off for the summer... sort of. Well, I've got to put dinner in the oven so I'll catch ya'll later.

No comments: