Monday, May 07, 2007

Time for updates

We made it back from our trip to Austin safe and sound. We thought we might hit storms on the way back, but we only had a brief instance of rain of about 5 minutes. My students did pretty well, but were a little disappointed in their rankings. One of them placed 6th in poetry and the other placed 4th in prose. They had good ballots so they knew the reason behind the ranks which is good. Now I can almost rest. I don't have any more speech trips until June (a week for Nationals in Wichita where I'll get to meet Abbagirl in person!) I am, however, going to Albuquerque this weekend so my aunt can help me with my costume. I need to get busy on my routine again as well. There's just so much to do in a short period of time. I have to get final tests made by the middle of next week. My carpool person wants to continue riding together and I really need to spend more time after school getting things done. I'm probably not going to carpool next year. Although the gas prices are getting quite outrageous, I really need to have more flexibility to be able to work and stay after school when I want to.
I didn't have a very good report from the sub and that put me off today. I yelled at first period, but then calmed down after that. I had to call a parent about a student (which I hate doing) but it was necessary. I did put together a list of poets for our new poetry category. Now I'm incorporating it into a database. Just one more thing to add on top of everything else.
I have no idea what I'm going to do about supper tonight. Josh isn't home and he isn't answer his cell. Usually he calls and lets me know what he's doing. Now I don't know when to expect him. I'm getting hungry since all I had for lunch was soup today. I guess I'll go find something to snack on.

No comments: